Pages

Carpe Diem

Monday, April 1, 2013

I just want to say a quick thank you to everyone who is taking time to read my blogs. Please fills free to let me know what you think of my little blog posts. I love feed back !


 



I don't see myself as a religious person but I consider myself a spiritual person. I don't believe that you need to be in a church to worship god or whom ever it is or whatever it is you may believe in. I think that as long as you know in your heart you believe and you have faith that's all that matters. I pray everyday but just because it doesn't take place in a church or Temple doesn't make it any less meaningful.



My favorite phrase is “Carpe Diem” Seize the day. Let the ones close to you know how much you value them. Tell your Mom, Dad, Child, Husband, Brother or Sister etc that you love them. Spend some quality time with them if that only means sharing a meal together. Find something you guys can do together to spend time with each other. You never know when your time is going to be cut short and it will be to late to go back. When death comes there are no do overs or take backs. Carpe Diem!!!




Appreciation - Learn to give flowers while people are still living”
Joel Osteen

You may be at a crossroads in your life. You may have issues to deal with; people you need to forgive. You can go one of the two ways. You can ignore what you now know to be true and keep burying that bitterness in your life, pushing it deeper and allowing it to poison and contaminate you and those around you. Or you can make a much better choice by getting it out in the open and asking God to help you to totally forgive and let it all go.”
Joel Osteen,
Your Best Life Now: 7 Steps to Living at Your Full Potential



What triggered this blog was that in the past week I have had 4 patients call in and either reschedule or cancel do to a death in their family. When hearing things like this it makes a person reflect on their own life. Thinking to myself I ask some questions: Did I tell my family I love them enough today?, Did I show them in some way that I care? It is the smallest things that you do that can make huge impact on someone elses life. Remember life is precious and we need to appreciate the blessings that we have been given.

So as for my readers once again thank you for taking the time out of your day to read what I have to say today. It is very heart warming to know that I can touch someone, reach someone on some level whether I made you smile, laugh or made any kind of positive impact on you.

I chose to use Joel Osteen's quotes because although I may not be able to make it to church as much as I would like I thoroughly enjoy reading his books and quotes or listening to his podcast to lift my spirits in some way.



Annie.



P.s. You can also fallow me on Google+ or Facebook=) annielove.dunsmuir@facebook.com

No comments:

Post a Comment