Pages

Devil's Reach Book #1 TRIGGER Review

Thursday, May 18, 2017


I finished reading Trigger today... Now I don't know what to do with my life. This is going to be the longest wait EVER. Maybe I can bribe Jodi Drake to sale me chapter by chapter of book 2 to get my fix. OR... just a page at a time? I am going to be in a constant state of anxiety until I get my hands on that next book. Like a junkie waiting on her next fix of J.L Drake's next dark and twisted read. You just can't get that sort of entertainment from television. I picture her sitting there behind her computer screen smoking a cigar, sipping her whisky, and occasionally twisting her mustache, laughing and plotting and laughing (insert evil laugh here) and plotting how to torture her readers next... Yes that's it soak it up kitties just you wait. I am a twisted evil genius and your emotions are my puppets. Muuha ha ha ha

...

Trigger was very well structured. One thing you can tell about a good writer is how well each character is structured. You know they spent hours, days, or even nights researching and perfecting these protagonists. Trigger is well... He is a different kind of cowboy. A horse of a different color if you will. He's complex with a multitude of characteristics that weren't unrealistic. That for me was one of my favorite things about this book. There was nothing that was completely so far fetched it was unbelievable. Sometimes I wonder if J.L Drake and Stephen King could come up with something mind blowing. Twisting their evil mustaches plotting how to scare the shit out of us all whilst twisting our hearts and giving us the feels. I think I am the genius now. Hmm... WOW that would seriously be amazing. Anywhoo. Trigger was raised by the devil himself. Others may think he is just a scary story we like to tell our children so they behave, but no he walks amongest us spreading his seed. Raised to be a killer Trigger grows up to be the Pres of Devil's Reach MC. Loyalty isn't much of an option for his men. You want to live don't cross him. He is a man that demands respect. You wouldn't be able to help it if he were to walk into a room right now to sit up straighter, and keep one hand on your gun and be on full alert. There is no emotion no second thoughts just doing. For him it is a itch that yearns to be scratched.  A switch that just needs to be flicked. Trigger is a killer and I can't stress enough that Dexter Morgan has nothing on this sick fuck. People fear him, men want to be him, and women would sale their souls to be with him, to have the chance to touch him. Even if it were only once. Trigger doesn't like to be touched. Touching him would only push the demons to come out even more. He does the touching and fucking. Until Tess.






There is always that female protagonist that all of us readers wish so desperately we could be. To have a fictional character like the alpha's in our stories to come to life. Can you please sit there close your eyes and picture what it would be like to be with a man like Trigger. Seriously. Sweet baby Jesus!  But since that will never happen we live inside of our books and live through our female protagonist. If I could choose one right now to live through it would be Tess. To be able to be as bad-ass as she is. I think I have the sarcasm and sassy bitchiness down, the rest I'll have to work on. An although in my line of work dressing and acting like her is frowned upon, so I will continue to day dream what it would be like. Her childhood best friend and her finally reunite after 6 years. Brick Moves her into town near the Club. She knows she is going to be tending bar, but what she didn't expect was to be tending bar at motorcycle clubhouse. An sure as hell didn't expect to fall for a killer. A man so fucked up he can't even be touched. BUT ahh... yes  there is always that one who finally comes around takes a bat and starts knocking down all of your walls. It knocks the world around you completely off tilt making you start to question yourself. So they try harder to keep those walls up, until they find themselves acting without thinking. That's how the trouble starts. Then both Trigger and Tess start testing one anthers boundaries. A game of chicken. Who will give up and run out of the way first. Instead they are both so damn stubborn and end up colliding. It is hotter than a tube of vibrating purple lipstick! The raw primal nature they elicit from one another is sure to set your panties on fire. I could end up writing you my own novel just based off everything I love about this book, but I am afraid I must cut it shorter than I want. I haven't been so moved by a book in a while that I felt the need to start blogging again. But If you love dark, twisted, hot as hell MC books I am not sure what you are waiting for http://amzn.to/2nCp84z one click it you know you want to. All the cool kids are doing it and you would be cooler if you did...




  www.facebook.com/jodi.drake
http://www.authorjldrake.com/
    • @jodildrake_j
    • (Twitter)
    • J.L.Drake
    • (Instagram)
 If you are looking for more of J.L Drake's book check out her Author page on Amazon:http://amzn.to/2aT2AEJ




 Love,

Annie
#BookWhoreSisterhood
Admin of Santa Cruz's Sisterhood of The Traveling Book Club https://www.facebook.com/groups/SCSbkclub


No comments:

Post a Comment