Pages

Just be Nice...So I have been told!

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Serenity Now!!
 
So Another thing about me to know I work in the medical field. To top it off in Physical Therapy. We base our business off people being injured.  Sounds amazing right! Don't get me wrong I love being in the medical field and I always knew that I wanted to work in the medical field since high school. Not touching that subject though high school yuck!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Playing nice. To sum it up I get paid to be nice to people I work in the front office. Everything starts and ends there so we have to have our shit together and know what we are doing and how to talk to people or at least pretend to. Now please don't let my sarcastic tone mislead you. I love working in my field. I feel like I repeated myself... Oh well. But there is a breaking point an praise baby Jesus that there are three of us working the front between us we keep balance. I am sorry you (not you the reader) the patient are injured and how inconvenient this is on your life and the hell that you are going through at the moment, but there is only so much kindness a person can give before washing there hands with you ( even medical offices can refuse service please remember that). Please remember when going into a place a doctors office, physical therapy office, chiropractic you get the point they/ we are not the people who did this to you. All we are doing is trying to do is help you!! I get the meanest people and yes I have a group of patients that started out horrible, but I finally killed them with kindness and for that reason alone the reward of helping someone touching them knowing that I have helped them loose some of the post injured rudeness its the best feeling getting through to someone. But there are those people out there that are beyond help. For all those people that are out there who are injured please remember us as the medical professionals we did not do this to you!! Unless your circumstances are different in which you are injured because of the medical professionals in that case I am truly sorry then I can sympathize with that and they probably deserve it.
 
 
 
 
My co-workers like to make fun of me because I  get the meanest people to like me. Killing them with kindness.  People who are hurt are angry why because they have been through the ringer just to get to us. Insurance we have to have it or we have to pay out of pocket and to be honest by the time the medical bills roll in you were probably better off without the insurance ( at least in my office). There are always authorizations and the waiting period, or getting referrals. Some PPO plans don't require them, but we are still going to ask for them why when your insurance company wants to know why we want you to continue treatment we have to prove medical necessity!! Reports and the fact we have a referral from your doctor is what we need. If we have none of that your insurance company wont pay then everything at that point is going to get billed to YOU! Even if you don't want to go to your doctor to get it trust me you will be better off in the long run. That brings me back it is not our responsibility as a medical office to attain that for you. We are not the one in need of medical attention. Here it comes being ..NICE!! If you are being nice to the people who are only trying to help you they will go out of there way to be nice to you and do things to help make your life easier! I am sorry if I am sounding bitter or upset but I have had a bad couple of weeks. I know yes I can hear the sounds of the worlds smallest violin playing just for me. But Everyone needs to vent some how right? So why not inform people while I am venting.
 We the professionals do not ask for anything that isn't necessary. Also Co-pays if I could count all the times people tell me I don't have a copay call my insurance company we did please do your homework. Anyone who has purchased insurance should know what they have and you know yes you know when you have a co-pay.
 
Being nice for everyone may not work, but if you push just hard enough you can possibly get through to people. I am lucky enough to also work in the back office assisting the therapists. I get to run people through their exercises and do ultrasounds and set ups. I tried to gage their moods and find ways to connect with them. Constancy is the key I always greet everyone with the same smile and niceness. If I have had a screwed up morning running late things just aren't working out for me I don't go into work and take it out on my patients. No I check that at the door before I walk in.  So why come in and do it to people who are trying to help you? But you need to know when to stop trying and wash your hands of people. There is only so much bending over for a person you can do before you get washed of! That goes back to we can refuse service and if we really are not satisfying your medical needs and you don't like people who are only trying to help you, there are millions of other places you can go. I could name a few lol but I am trying to be nice so I will only say this go back to your doctor and ask him/ or her to refer you else where. 

I could say that I am tired of being nice, but I can't. Even with the bad seeds there are great ones the ones who are just so grateful that you are there to be helpful and appreciate you. They are why I work in this field! When someone is feeling better and is leaving you and your company have this since of pride. I helped that person get better. They are why we are in business. Just like any other businesses the grow by word of mouth referring friends, family, their own doctors ect. Thank you to all the nice people that make me love what I do everyday and remind me why I get up everyday to do what I do! I also know what you can't please everyone. Work smart not hard. Not only do I appreciate my patients for their patience with us, but for my co-workers. Teamwork is very important and having a wonderful group of people to back you up to tap you out when they know you have had to much and try a new angle of helping someone. Take a deep breath and drink some coffee....ahhh yes victory




Annie who is now only realizing I can't please everyone!


P.S. Thank you for listening. Everyone needs someone someime:)


No comments:

Post a Comment