Pages

The Journey through exercising and weight loss!

Saturday, March 8, 2014


 
 
 
So sorry that I haven't written in a few days between school and running around I haven't had much time. I believe that goes with what I said before. As much as we all strive to keep routine things change from day to day! Set goals for your day and start with the most important thing first and work from there.
 
So I am going to try and keep this short tonight, but I am going to jump right into it. So I am coming up on the end of my 3rd week of working out. You can't tell much a difference to much other than a little weight loss, but for me I always loose it first in my face. I don't know if everyone else is like this, but it is different for every person. So I work out now 5 days a week and take two days off. Now It may just be me but a word of advise. Never take two days off in a row! You are more likely to get lazy. I switch what days I have off. If I work my ass off at the gym and totally kill it then the next day I know I am going to need off. Not to say that I don't hit the gym hard every time, but some days I work out harder than the previous day.
 
Right now I am concentrating on my cardio. I start out 15 min on the treadmill and do 25 on the StairMaster. Now I know I told you to only start out with 30 min and I still think you should. I just bumped up to more time recently. I also added in squats, planks, push ups, lunges, and leg press. I am finding out that I doing squats with weights help more. If you don't have weight to use that's fine you can improvise with household items or do without. The fact you are doing them is going to help you out! So this is what my routine at the gym has become every other day I alternate the days of the week vary:
Day 1
Cardio-StairMaster,and treadmill total 40 min
 
Squats- with 15lb weights (5 sets of 10)
 
Jumping jacks- 2 sets of 40
 
Lunges- with 15lb weights
 
push ups- 60 3 sets of 20 if your just starting out I would say doing sets of 10 rest and repeat as many as you can do.
 
Always stretch! I stretch after each exercise I do! You are more likely to injure yourself if you don't. Hold each stretch for 30 seconds!
 
Day 2
Cardio ( same as above)
 
I use 10lbs weights to do my arms. Now for my arms I do a number of things. I punch with weights sets of 10 then switch from right to left.
 
Free weight shoulder presses 4 sets of 10 right and left
 
Jumping jacks 2 sets of 40(everyday)
 
push ups 3 sets of 20(everyday)
 
Planks hold for 30 second rest and repeat 3 times (everyday)
 
I do all my planks and push ups at home because I use the gym at my apartments! Don't want to risk getting on that floor. It's just me I just can't LOL
 
Day 3
 
Depending on how hard I pushed it the previous day I will rest.
 
 
 
Please remember working out is a process. DO NOT get discouraged if you don't see imitate results don't give up it takes time. I am not taking any supplements and not doing any insane diets. Trust me when I say I have tried every insane diet and pill out there and sure at first it works then all the weight comes back just as fast. Just make wiser choices. key thing and I know its hard but stay away from fried foods. I know I know there so delicious, but it will hurt you and your progress. Allow yourself a cheat day. My cheat days I try to keep it still not so bad. Eat more salads but be cautious of the salad dressing they are tricky that is the most unhealthy part of a salad. Some dressings can be up to 40 grams of fats and 300 calories. I use Italian dressing low cal low fat. Eat more fruits and vegetables and tons and tons of water!!! WATER!
 
Now I haven't lost anymore more weight but I am gaining muscle and for the muscle you gain that's more calories burned and that eventually turns into fat loss!
Another key thing is to stay moving through out your day. Not saying walk around in circles all day but if you find you have been sitting for to long get up stretch and walk around a little. Go check the mail take your dog for a walk or take your kid out to the park.  Well I think that is all I have to share tonight I wish who ever is reading this luck in their journey. I will continue to share mine with you and I hope to inspire someone to start their own. It's a about living healthier longer and better. Being the best person you can be!
 
 
Love,
 
Annie.
 
P.S.
I am still figuring things out for myself such as my days I am working out and if I want to hit my none machine work outs before or after I do cardio. That is something you are going to have to figure out what works best for you! You owe it to yourself to be the best person you can be! If not for anyone else for yourself!!! Keep up the great work=)

No comments:

Post a Comment